I often do this: massage my eyes gently at the end of a day to bring some relief to them. I found such massage to be a great tool to improve the state of my eyes. And it doesn’t take much time – just 3-5 minutes to complete. It is also good to do it twice a day – in the morning and in the evening – to keep your eyes blood circulation at a healthy level.
Can Eye Massage Improve Vision?
I don’t know any scientific research to confirm this, but from my personal experience, it does slightly improve my eyesight. How? I guess, the massaging of eyes increases blood circulation which stimulates all the internal eye processes and improves eyes functioning. Hence the eye vision improvement. But ultimately you will need some more things to do to significantly improve your eye vision.
What Eye Massage Instrument To Use For Massaging?
You won’t believe me but the best instrument is your own fingers; just use them to gently massage your eyes.
Is It Good To Use Eye Massage For Dry Eyes?
Well, you need to be careful and probably you need to get some drops for your eyes. As for massaging them – yes, it may help by stimulation eye functioning including tear production.
Can I Use Eye Massage To Reduce Dark Circles?
Honestly I don’t know. The cause of dark circles around eyes may lay in something else, and massaging only might not be enough to cure it.
Eye Massage Instructions
1. With your index fingers gently massage the center of your eyes (eyelids closed) clockwise and vice versa.
2. Index, middle and ring finger put together in a row; place them on the upper side of your eye, just near to the upper bone and massage gently by circular motions (clockwise and vice versa). Do the same on the lower eye side, near the lower eye bones.
3. Bend your index fingers and massage your eyes on the upper and lower sides with the external sides of bent index fingers.
4. Place your wrists (internal sides) on your eyes and press gently; keep until it gets a bit uncomfortable, then remove. Do not press too much, and once it is not comfortable to you, take your hands from your eyes.
5. Rub your palms until they get warm and cover your eyes with them; keep for 2-3 minutes, then remove.
This is simple instructions; if you follow them you will reap the eye massage benefits and improve the state of your eyes. But be gentle and careful with your eyes – they are a very fragile instrument.
Another way to massage your eyes is shown below: