Causes Of Lower Back Pain On Left Side
Why do I have a left side lower back pain? Well there are a number of reasons why:
- An incorrect posture you maintain for extended period of time;
- Imbalanced weight lifting can lead to the pain on the left side of lower back;
- A lower back pain on left side in women is very common if a woman is pregnant; the pain is possibly related to your current condition (but not necessarily);
- Kidney problems and kidney stones – stones cause pain in kidneys, which can spread to lower back; when we talk about left kidney, here is a pain in the left side of lower back;
- Injury can be the probable cause of your pain, especially if you have suffered one recently;
- Slipped disc or herniated disc means that the disc that is situated between two consecutive vertebrae bulges, dislocates and gets ruptured. This can cause a severe pain in lower back left side;
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) can cause the pain after eating; this condition can be experienced by anyone and its causes are not very well known. Constipation, diarrhea, bloating, abdominal pain and other similar conditions are the symptoms of it.
What To Do With Your Pain In Left Side Of Lower Back?
While there are many treatments available, we would like to talk a bit about such natural remedy for lower back pain as yoga. The unique features of yoga are relaxation, gentle action and deep effect on your organism. These things allow to treat even serious back conditions effectively and safely; of course in case a serious back pain you firstly need to get a doctor’s advice before your proceed with the treatment.
Yoga treatment for your lower back pain can be either done at home according to the proper instructions, or can be performed at a yoga class. In both cases you will need to receive a guidance of a professional yoga teacher who has got some experience in back treatment with yoga methods.
I can confirm myself (have been doing yoga for more than 10 years already), that it really works for me. I used to have back problems due to my extended work before the computer, but by regular yoga practice I simply forget about it (and I’m not exaggerating).
To achieve success with your back pain yoga treatment you need:
- Consult with your doctor about this;
- To find an experience teacher;
- Choose what training schedule is more suitable for you: at home practice or a group workout;
- Get the right clothing, preferably made of cotton, which is not tight and allows free movements;
- You will also need a yoga mat for convenient practice;
Yoga can become a really good left side lower back pain treatment for you if done properly and under the trusted guidance.