Home Remedies For Lower Back Pain Are Affordable And Safe
When you experience a pain in the lower back, the first thing to do is to give a rest to this area. The easiest way is to simply lie down on the floor – unless it is cold – which is often a better choice because it is firm enough to provide good support for your back (if you feel it is very hard to lie on a bare floor, put some blanket under your back). If lying flat on the floor is not convenient for you, put one pillow under your head, and the second under your knees. Or, if you don’t have the second pillow, just bend your knees and put them closer to the belly; keep them relaxed. In this position a good relief and relaxation is achieved for the lower back area. Such pressure reducing can help to cure minor lower back problems. I’m going to give a little hint here: you can get rid of all your lower back problems if you regularly do few simple physical exercises – this will keep the lower back muscles and joints in tone and improve blood circulation. To be fit is one of the best remedies for your back.
Another thing you can do is applying a warm or even hot compress on the painful area. You can use anything that is able to contain some hot substance: it can be bottles with hot water (but be careful and don’t burn yourself!), heating pads, hot sand, and even heated brick (I’m not kidding). Let this “Heat therapy” work for a round a half an hour, then remove it. This type of lower back pain management can be related to severe lower back pain home remedies, since heat effectively reduces pain in many cases. But, if this pain is caused by trauma or blow, usually the cold compress is applied to stop inflammation, and only after around 24 hours a warm compress is placed on the area to restore a normal blood circulation.
Among simple home remedies for lower back pain there is one recipe: add a tablespoon of honey to a glass of warm water and stir; drink this to get some back pain relief. You can also use the juice of a lemon with salt to drink it a couple of times per day – this will help to reduce the pain.
Potato is a very tasty vegetable, but can also be used to treat back pain. You need to make a mashed potato, let it cool down a bit to avoid burning your back, then put it on the painful area and keep there for one hour. You can use some kind of bandage to prevent the potato from falling off your back.
There are many herbal remedies for lower back pain relief that can be found at home and are easy to use. For example, you can drink ginger tea three times a day (if you don’t mind ginger tea), and as people say, on the fourth day you may get lower back pain relief.
One simpler recipe: take cabbage leaves and boil them in milk until you get a jelly like mixture. After the ‘dish’ is ready, place it on a piece of cloth, and apply. Use it while hot, but, of course, watch your skin to avoid burning. Just use it as hot as you can bear. Keep it for a night – this will soothe the back pain.
We cannot say what are the best home remedies for lower back pain, but there are many of them available at your own home; they are safe and often easy to use. But they treat symptoms, and for you it is better to do something to avoid this pain altogether.
How To Get Rid Of Lower Back Pain?
Probably you already know that. Anyway, we bring some main points here, and if you follow them, you will forget about your lower back pain.
1. Keep a correct posture. Incorrect posture is almost the No1 cause of the lower and upper back pain.
2. Walk more. If your work is all about sitting in the office, then take brakes, and walk round for a while. Don’t forget to keep a proper posture while you walk or stand.
3. Exercise regularly. This is vital, actually. You need to do some physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day to simply keep the minimal good state of your muscles. In the past people were not so prone to sickness (except some severe ones) because of more physical activity they performed (of course, there were other factors as well, but this one played an important role in their good health maintenance).
4. Eat healthier food. Yes, bad food can waste your body, muscles and bones, which will lead to pain. You also need to chew more in order to improve your digestion.
5. Breathe deeper and fuller. You need to learn how to breathe as this has a direct impact on blood circulation, and thus on the whole health state.
So, as you see, it is not difficult to find and use lower back pain home remedies, you simply need to start. There are home remedies for upper back pain relief and for shoulder pain relief – if your condition is not really severe, you can safely and effectively use home remedies to treat lower back pain. If you feel that the pain persists, approach a doctor without delay to get diagnosed and professionally treated.